50 ONLINE TOOLS TO BETTER YOUR BLOG
Creating a blog is only one part of the blogging equation; you absolutely have to manage and maintain your blog in order for it grow and become better, faster, and more successful.
There used to be a time when trying to find helpful tools, get blog inspiration and update your blog was pain (No Pinterest, what?!) but now, thanks to the growth of the Internet and blogging community, you can find help and resources almost anywhere. From photo programs to blog design resources to social media tools, the list of helpful online programs is never ending.
Assisting you with your blog and social media personality, IFB has rounded up 50 online tools that will help you better your blog and your brand:
- IFB (obviously): Your ultimate blogging resource with tips & insights
- Problogger: Great outlet for content inspiration and tangible blogging advice
- Google Analytics: Learn more about your site traffic and how to keep visitors on your site
- Pixlr.com: Don’t have Photoshop? Use this photo editing software that mirrors Photoshop
- Copyblogger: One-stop shop that offers tutorials on content marketing, SEO, email marketing and keyword search.
- Tweepi.com: Manage your Twitter following by gaining quality followers and deleting spammers
- Klout: Measure your influence across most social media platforms and see what kind of following you are garnering
- Pinterest: Gather inspiration, promote your visual graphics, and share content ideas with your following.
- Pugly Pixel: Graphic design blog that offers tips and inspiration for better graphics
- EHow.com: Learn just about everything (video-production, SEO tips, grammar help) on this guide-to-everything site
- Dictionary.com: Your grammar 101 source.
- Associated Press Stylebook: News and media guideline for writing and reporting. Abbreviations, grammar guidelines, and more
- Instagram: Social photo-sharing application that links to your Facebook and Twitter
- Thesaurus.com: Online dictionary and mobile reference source
- LinkedIn: Get job tips, newsworthy articles and more! Plus, stalk your favorite brands and companies for potential marketing opps.
- Google +: Social media program that allows you to share your posts and create various communities through the Google + Circles
- Bloglovin’: Follow your favorite blogs and share your posts in this easy-to-read and mobile browser.
- Her New Leaf’s “Primp My Blog” page: Tips on how to add plugins to your blog and advice on designing your blog better
- The Academy: Empowering You To Achieve Success Your Way: Brush up on marketing and PR tactics that will help you grow your blog
- Mashable: The ultimate source for all things technology and social media, plus news bites and 24/7 updates
- GoDaddy: A blogger’s resource for domain registration and hosting services
- PSFK: Technology’s destination for creative business, design and fashion topics and hot issues
- RewardStyle: Affiliate network that helps bloggers monetize their site
- Fashion Traffic: Another outlet for fashion bloggers interested in joining an affiliate marketing network
- Lyst: Social sharing shopping site that allows you to curate your own collection and share your designer finds with your readers
- CurrentlyObsessed.me: Discover the hottest fashion finds from your favorite top-tier bloggers
- Fashionably Marketing.Me: Get updates on what’s going on in the fashion digital marketing space
- Business of Fashion: daily resource for fashion leaders and creatives
- ShopStyle: A shopping portal where you can create layouts with products from thousands of brands and shops
- Polyvore: Create magazine-like layouts with products, text, magazine images and more
- Webstagram: If you’re iPhone-less, you can browse Instagram accounts easily through this site
- Hootsuite: A great tool to manage mutliple Twitter, Facebook and social media accounts in one place
- StumbleUpon: Use this to promote and share your posts and find new sites and inspiration as well
- Bit.ly: Create an account and use this tool to shorten your links for Twitter and Facebook then track their reach
- Style.com: For the best Fashion Week images and trend story ideas, we go here. (Remember – site your source!)
- Free Gretchen: Use this site to promote and grow a giveaway or contest on your blog
- Shortstack: Custom designer Facebook pages, for free (fancy, right?)
- Offerpop: Create contests and launch promotional campaigns with this Twitter/Facebook marketing tool.
- North Social: Create interactive tabs (video, welcome, photo gallery) with this easy Facebook customization program.
- Etsy: Promote small business owners, find cool things, sell your stuff – Etsy is great for all that
- TweetReach: Analyze your Twitter account, get total impressions and more with this impressive Twitter management dashboard.
- Topsy: Fast-indexing technological program that delivers crucial metrics from social media apps
- TwitterCounter: Get statistics and insight into your Twitter following
- Blog Milk: resource for inspiration, design and other tools that will get your creative juices following
- Icon Archive: Hundreds of thousands of icons, for your use, for free!
- MailChimp: Set up a custom newsletter for your blog
- Random.org: Use this generator to pick a winner at random for your contests / giveaways
- Flickr: Flickr’s creative commons is a great source for photos you can use freely on your blog
- DaFont: Download free fonts for your blog’s graphics
- Veer: View and purchase photos and exclusive fonts
Originally from sunny California, now a New York transplant.